LlamaLAN 5 information ... and your say in it

The 5th incarnation of the Llamalan series :D
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

LlamaLAN 5 information ... and your say in it

Post by CyberDrac »

Welcome back, we thought we?d post about our intentions for LlamaLAN 5.

Firstly we would like to thank profusely those gamers and spectators who attended LlamaLAN 4 and made it the great event that it turned out to be. We would also like to thank you for your constructive feedback both during the event and in the forums afterwards. With this in mind, and taking onboard your suggestions there will be a few subtle changes, hopefully for the better.

On the pricing front very little will change, but to encourage early adoption to hit our breakeven point we intend that the ?15 price be open only until we have hit our minimum number of attendees to breakeven, so take advantage of that price ? it will only be open to the first 20 people who pay, not sign up, but actually pay. Once that limit has been reached anyone else who pays before arriving at the event will still get in for ?17.50. The on the door price will remain at ?20.

Spectators are once again welcome, but we re-iterate that if you are planning on staying over, using the facilities, and playing on the big screen games then we will be expecting the traditional ?5. To aid us in calculating numbers and ensure that we know who is attending, the website will accept bookings from spectators and only those booked through the site will be permitted to stay over, I am sure you will appreciate that for security reason it is helpful to know that the people wandering around your precious machines are known to us and haven?t just walked in off the street.

Whilst the Saturday night food was enjoyed my all who participated, we have come to the conclusion that the organising of refreshments are probably best left to the individual, or to be organised by small groups on an informal level amongst yourselves. The only organised food will be the regular pizza runs courtesy of Pizza Plaza. We will however make sure there is an up to date set of menus from all the local food establishments for you to place your own orders.

We are hoping to invite along a local computer shop over the weekend to ensure that all your spare part needs are met and to entice you with those computer accessories that you just can?t do without and don?t want to drive into town for. We are looking for feedback on the sort of items that they should consider bringing along, so let us know and we?ll pass it on.

The other major issue of the last event was the gaming itself, to assist with this we are planning to throw a little organisation at the problem and hope that a timetable may help with this. We are planning to alternate between regular gaming, a few large whole LAN battles, the tournaments, and if we can persuade DJArcas to attend again, ProjectorGames and the dance mats on the big screen. We have a few ideas about this but are interested in feedback as to the balance of how much of each to schedule.

We are of course working on improving the big screen and ensuring that the black out is more resilient to the gaffer tape melting sun.

If you haven?t already had a say in how you felt it went and what improvements can be made then this is your chance.

See you in April ? and no ? it isn?t a joke!

CyberDrac and Kanonfodda

PS Bring Beer and Women for KF ;)
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

Re: LlamaLAN 5 information ... and your say in it

Post by Kanonfodda »

CyberDrac wrote:PS Bring Beer and Women for KF ;)
you know it makes sense, not too fussed about the beer to be honest ;)
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D

Post by Guest »

Hello! :)

The whole LAN should get involved all the time, and I'm sure almost everyone is up for doing the same thing. I've seen often enough at the LLans that almost every player is keen to join in on a growing group fragabout. I would guess that there should be a massive LAN game Friday, at least three tournaments for Saturday and three massive LAN games (as the most ppl will be there on Saturday, so it makes a good tourny day), and at least two massive LAN games on Sunday. :)

That would be cool.

Jedi - get in touch about those textures if you still want em matey!

EDIT: Darn it, forgot to login - Golem ;)
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

So we're looking at maybe one or two big games on the Saturday depending on the tournament structure and the time required for that, and more ( 3+ ?) big games on the Sunday with maybe the tournie stragglers. The rest of the time being general play and ProjectorGames?

CD
Onionstar
Cria
Cria

Post by Onionstar »

we (Team Evil) have a number of servers which we could bring for hosting games if you require. I can't say for the others at the moment but I should be attending.
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

Thanks very much for the offer of the servers ... do you want them back afterwards? ;)

We have to keep an eye on the power ... but if you wish to bring them along and place them at our disposal for the duration then feel free, of course if they trip out the power then we'll have to stand them down ... so far we have been lucky with the power ... and long may that luck continue.

We'll have to discuss what use they should be put to and how they fit into the grand scheme of things with our time table plans, we don't want to dilute the experience for everyone ... but a decent gaming server should only enhance the experience ... and for the tournies we could do with some configured servers instead of everyone creating their own.

Thanks for the offer ... we'll discuss things further closer to the event.

Regards

CD
EvilWarlock
Weanling
Weanling

Post by EvilWarlock »

I would think that i would attend again with Setekh and as setekh says we have a number of powerfull dedicated games servers if your interested in having them along, We also have a 24 port 10/100/1000 switch but i remember you saying that you would probably be supplying your own gigabit switch.
0.666 the sign of the milli beast.
24 cans of lager in a case, 24 Hours in a day...... Just a coincidence????
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

As you say we have our network pretty well sorted for the size we are running at the moment, but we'll bear it it mind if we have to change it for any reason.

Glad to see the regulars planning ahead ... we hope you will be one of the first to take advantage of the limited place ?15 offer.

Regards

CD

Post by Guest »

Quick question:
What's the stats of DDR/PG? I'm assuming DDR is a definate yes? What about PG? :)
Any other non-LAN based games or activities to do? Other than raid local pubs of course.
Myself & Mandy will more than likely attend, and perhaps Pumpkin will as well.
See you in April, probably.

PS. The LlamaLAN dating agency = the best around!

Post by Guest »

PG have of course been invited and informed of the dates, and I have a provisional yes from DJArcas on IRC last week.

DDR mats are of course mine and will be present and in use.

There have been suggestions of 'other' activities, pub might be one ... but we can't abandon the hall en-masse however someone has suggested a 'boat race' a la Multiplay events ... any other suggestions then this is the place to ask or put forward ideas ... food is still a possibility thanks to the gererosity of LittleGem however only if there is enough interest.

We look forward to welcoming you and the lovely Mandy, and of course Pumpkin provided he doesn't hug me whilst stripped to the waist and sweaty like SL20.

See you there ... keep posting ideas

CD
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

MUST

REMEMBER

TO

LOG

IN

!!!
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

Post by Kanonfodda »

CyberDrac wrote:MUST

REMEMBER

TO

LOG

IN

!!!
and you can't even blame me this time :P
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D
shabbyj
Herdshire
Herdshire

Post by shabbyj »

I really enjoyed the projector game we played the LAN before last. Colin McRae I think it was!??! (Yes, the one I came last lol)

But what I really enjoyed about it was the fact noone knew what we was gonna play and we was all about the same skill level (err well except me) when we did play it.

Good game, set up well, nice one Drac as I said at the time.

Also I do want to play more planned tourney games...and would also like to know what games in advance, as at the last LAN I found it quite frustrating that by the time I had installed a game everyone was playing, they was playing something else Grrrr.

Anyway keep up the good work you two, your LAN's rock :D
I'm the person your parents warned you about.
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

OK ... so a SURPRISE! tournament would be good like the Colin Macrae on the big screen.

But on the other hand a decision on what other tournaments are to be played should be announced earlier ... OK, I think we can manage that. How much preparation time do people need? a week? two weeks? a month? ... next week? :)

Thanks for the feedback ShabbyJ

CD
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

On the subject of projectorgames, really must encourage everyone to take part between the more organised events and get the chap who runs it (can't remember his name :() to just slap a game on without anyone knowing what to expect. I was sad to see there was no Zombie projectorgame last time. :)