Where in kent ?

Post by Moo^ »

What town in Kent is the LAN at btw ?

Thx :)
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

Just outside the mudway towns, North Kent. If you head North from Rochester (North from M2 J3 I think), past a small place called Chattenden, it's on the moors near St.Mary's Hoo, and Kingsnorth, (Cliffe area?) through an indefinately lasting tear in space and time to a place called Stoke.

Does that make it any clearer? :)
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

Post by Kanonfodda »

Ouch baby, very ouch :(
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D
SemteX

Post by SemteX »

Lower Stoke or Upper Stoke ? :p
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

Post by Kanonfodda »

Lower :D
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D
[FTD]AndyPandy
Cria
Cria

Post by [FTD]AndyPandy »

Stoke? wot an ugly name :D
Theres a plce near me called wivelrod....now thats a name
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

Beleive it or not there's a place called 'Wits End'.
And, there's a road in Strood (the town where I work) called 'Downside'

What were they thinking? :)
IXL
X-LANs

Post by IXL »

Ive just hunted the forums and cant really find a proper post dedicated to the LAN venue address and some directions...

If you have em here, can you change it to a sticky?

:)

If im wrong im sorry :oops:
http://www.x-lans.co.uk < Kent LAN Gaming Community

There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Post by Guest »

IXL wrote:Ive just hunted the forums and cant really find a proper post dedicated to the LAN venue address and some directions...

If you have em here, can you change it to a sticky?

If im wrong im sorry :oops:
They're all on the main site ..... the address of the venue, and a map ... we might make it more prominent so that people find it more easily. I suppose that replicating in a stickied thread would be a great idea ... this is the transition from being a LAN mainly populated with friendswho see and know each other outside of the LAN environment to a LAN with people whom we don't see until the event .... this is something we should consider more now that we are getting fresh faces joining the site. Thanks for the pointers.

CD
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

That was me ... KF logged me out last time he was around ... doh!

I checked ... you are quite correct ... there is no address on the site .... just the map so I'm sure that will be corrected forthwith.

The map is at http://www.llamalan.co.uk/main.php?Sect ... &extend=10 under 'information' - 'how do I get there'

I'll get KF on the case

CD
IXL
X-LANs

Post by IXL »

Quite. :? I though I was right.... :)

I think this highlights the "confusion" Ive stated before, where people might just come to the "Llamalan" forums via a direct link and then have to take a step "backwards" (so to speak) into another forum (Llamastats & affiliates Forum Index) to find more LAN details...such as the address etc.

Anyway, im sorry if Ive pointed these things out and caused any issue. Its not easy to maintain a forum and ensure and control what "outsiders" can see what you want and what you dont.

:D
http://www.x-lans.co.uk < Kent LAN Gaming Community

There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

IXL wrote:I think this highlights the "confusion" Ive stated before, where people might just come to the "Llamalan" forums via a direct link and then have to take a step "backwards" (so to speak) into another forum (Llamastats & affiliates Forum Index) to find more LAN details...such as the address etc.
Not that would help going back up a level ... since the address isn't there either. The LlamaLAN forums are purely a sub-division of the Llamastats forums ... I believe that at the time of creation it was felt that a completely separate forum was innappropriate since most of the users were part of the communities which used the remainder of the forums ... it would separate the two communities and require two visits to different places and reduce the likelyhood of another user browsing their usual forum and popping in because they noticed a new post in LlamaLAN. Now that LlamaLAN is becoming a stronger community in it's own right we have attempted to customise it and give it it's own identity within the community since other areas are also skinned differently ... eventually it may warrant a sepearate forum of it's own as the community gains momentum and grow in size ... but for now we feel that everyone benefits from the cross pollination of vistor to the other parts of the forums. So it is a matter of history that the forums have developed this way and I suspct that future events (such as this conversation) may mould the LlamaLAN forums further.

CD

Post by Guest »

:roll:

Oh well. That helps me understand your history and the situation.

8)